Golden Demon is Games Workshop’s premier painting competition. Miniatures painters from around the world travel from far and wide to take part, entering everything from single miniatures to dioramas. It is the world’s greatest showcase of expertly painted Citadel Miniatures; if you want to see some phenomenal models in the flesh, Golden Demon is the place to be.
In 2014, Golden Demon is being held exclusively on Sunday 12th October as part of the Warhammer Fest event at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry. If you want to have a chance of winning one of the coveted Golden Demon statuettes, or of holding aloft the mighty Slayer Sword for best in show, you’ll need to purchase a ticket for Sunday’s Warhammer Fest, which are available here.
This is the only Golden Demon competition being held in the world in 2014: Don’t miss your chance to enter!
There are ten categories for entry this year at Golden Demon; you may enter multiple categories, but can only submit one entry per category. The categories are:
- Warhammer 40,000 Single Miniature
- Warhammer 40,000 Squad
- Warhammer 40,000 Vehicle
- Warhammer 40,000 Large Model
- Warhammer Fantasy Single Miniature
- Warhammer Fantasy Regiment
- Warhammer Fantasy Large Model
- The Lord of the Rings™ & The Hobbit™
Also being run alongside the Golden Demon competition this year are:
- Youngbloods: Open to any competitors aged 14 years or under.
- The Open Competition: One of the hardest competitions to win, not least because Games Workshop employees are not permitted to enter any other categories.
For full details of all of these categories, including entry restrictions for each and the entry form you’ll need to enter, click here: Golden Demon Category Guide and Entry Form
If you would like to find out more about the Warhammer Fest event, click here.
Tickets are no longer available online, but you can secure yours before the event, or get one on the day. Find out more here.