New Year’s Open Day – January 2nd 2017
It’s the start of a new year and time to look back at all that has been, and wonder about what is to come. Whether you are a fan of Warhammer Age of Sigmar, Warhammer 40,000, Blood Bowl or The Hobbit we will have something for you to enjoy at Warhammer World on January 2nd!
Venue: Warhammer World
Dates: 2nd January 2017
Tickets: Just £5, and includes entry to the Exhibition Centre. Online email tickets from here, and tickets also available in store at Warhammer World.
Children age 11 and under go free. No children under the age of 18 years will be admitted to the Venue unless accompanied and supervised by a ticket holding adult aged 18 years or over.
To make sure it’s a safe and enjoyable event for everyone, all areas of Warhammer World will be ticket only access on 2nd January.
Things to See and Do
Meet the Creative Minds
Meet members of the ‘Eavy Metal Team, Citadel Writers, Citadel Miniatures Designers, Army Painters, White Dwarf team, Warhammer World Studio and the Forge World Design Studio as they show off their new creations, chat about them, and share some favourite miniatures and memories from the past.
Try a boxed game, get gory in a Death Match, challenge the monsters of The Pit, or have a Bring and Battle game – at the New Year’s Open Day, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to roll dice and create great gaming tales!
Discover the Demo Pods
Get expert advice and insider insights to use on your own projects or discover more about the worlds you love, from live hobby demonstrations and discussions being run throughout the day in the popular Demo Pods.
How’s it Built?
Meet the Warhammer World Studio team and chat to them about how they create the many dioramas which fill the Exhibition Centre, and the dramatic feature gaming tables in the Events hall.
Visit the Exhibition Centre as often as you like through the day as part of your event ticket, seeing the packed displays of miniatures and highly detailed dioramas.
With guest displays of six detailed Armies on Parade collections, and the impressive gaming board/diorama of The Pilgrym on loan to us, it’s a fantastic opportunity to see not only the creations of Games Workshop’s talented professionals, but also hobby from the wider community.
- More details to follow, watch out for the announcements!
Things to take Home
Browse the stores and sales stands and take advantage of Warhammer World Exclusives, Event Exclusives and perhaps some miniatures available before general release! Available to browse and buy will be:
- An Artifact back from the archives… To kick off 2017’s celebrations of 30 years of Warhammer 40,000, you’ll be able to get your hands on a classic again, as an event exclusive.
- First Access to some items before general release!
- The latest Citadel and Forge World releases.
- New exclusive items only available at our events and Warhammer World, such as the Blitzer’s Best t-shirt.
- Art prints including Forge World’s stunning canvas prints.
- Show your allegiance with mugs, caps, hoodies, t-shirts and art prints.
We’re revealing or hinting at what items will be available, each day over on our Facebook Page between December 12th and December 27th, so make sure you look out for the images here!
Tickets and Information
On 2nd January 2017 admission to all areas of Warhammer World and Bugman’s Bar will require a ticket.
Online tickets from here, and paper tickets available in store at Warhammer World.
- Your ticket covers access to Warhammer World’s available general facilities and services, the Exhibition Centre.
- You need to arrange your own travel and accommodation if required.
- Event Information: For more information please contact the Warhammer World Events Team on 0115 900 4994 or email them on firstname.lastname@example.org