As part of: Warhammer European Open Day
Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, Melbournestraat 1, Lijnden 1175 RM, Netherlands.
The second Golden Demon competition of the 2016-2017 is an international affair, taking place at the Warhammer European Open Day in the Netherlands.
The competition is open to all who purchase a ticket to the Warhammer European Open Open Day in October. Have a read of the guidelines and the category list below and make a start on your entry. Glory awaits!
- All models entered must have been produced by Games Workshop (that is, Citadel Miniatures or Forge World).
- Models may be mounted either on a gaming base or a suitable display base of appropriate size.
- Models must be entered on the day, by the person who painted them. Nobody else can hand your model in for you.
- Each entrant may enter each category once.
- Models may be from any Games Workshop gaming system, past or present.
- Each entry must have an entry form filled out which is handed in at registration. Download the form below or get one at the event itself.
- This event is NOT open to Games Workshop staff.
Golden Demon: Classic Europe Categories
- Single Model Any single miniature of roughly human-size. This category includes Warhammer 40,0000 Terminators but other models supplied with 40mm and larger bases should be entered in the Monster category. Note that bike-mounted character models from Warhammer 40,000 must be entered in the Vehicle category. Models mounted on a horse or similar sized creature may be entered into this category. Models on a beast significantly larger than a horse (eg a Juggernaut or Grunta) must be entered into the Monster category. Single miniatures from Forge World’s Imperial Armour and Horus Heresy ranges may be entered in this category.
- Unit This category is for a unit between three and ten models, each on a base no larger than 50mm in width or diameter. Models may be on foot or mounted on nothing larger than a horse or a bike. Warhammer 40,000 units with an accompanying transport vehicle must be entered into the Unbound Category. Note: units do not need to be ‘game legal’ in terms of the rules of the games system they are from.
- Engine of War This category is open to engines of war such as Warhammer 40,000 vehicles, Warhammer Age of Sigmar War Machines (such as chariots, Steam Tanks and pieces of artillery) and siege engines from The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies™. Artillery pieces and their crew should be mounted on one single appropriate base. This category also includes single bike-mounted miniatures from Warhammer 40,000.
- Monster This category is open to any single monster such as Warhammer 40,000 Monstrous Creatures and Monsters from Warhammer Age of Sigmar and The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies. This category is also open for models such as Dragon Ogors, Ogryns, Gore-Gruntas, etc.
- Unbound This category is for dioramas, battle scenes, duels, larger scale miniatures, whole armies and all other models not covered by the categories above. Please note; if you wish to enter a second entry into any of the above categories, it will instead be placed into the unbound category.
Other Competitions held at this event
- Youngbloods This is open to any single miniature, painted by a hobbyist under the age of 16 years old. Please note: this category uses the same rules and restrictions as the Single Miniature category above.
Prizes being awarded at this event
- Golden Demon Finalist Pins for every entry which makes it through the first cut of judging.
- Bronze Demon to the entrants which come third in their category.
- Silver Demon to the entrants which come second in their category.
- Golden Demon to the entrants who come first in their category.
- Slayer Sword to the entry from the Golden Demon categories judges to be the overall Best in Show.
- Youngbloods: Gold, Silver and Bronze to the entrants from the Youngbloods category who come first, second and third respectively.