As part of: Warhammer 40,000 Open Day 2016. 6th November (Sunday).
Warhammer World, Nottingham
The second Golden Demon competition of the 2016-2017 season kicks is focuses on Xenos and Chaos- the enemies of the Imperium of mankind in the 41st Millennium. All things heretical and alien are welcome here!
The competition is open to all who purchase a ticket to the Warhammer 40,000 Open Day at Warhammer World in November. Have a read of the guidelines and the category list below and make a start on your entry. Glory awaits!
- All models entered must have been produced by Games Workshop (that is, Citadel Miniatures or Forge World).
- Models may be mounted either on a gaming base or a suitable display base of appropriate size.
- Models must be entered on the day, by the person who painted them. Nobody else can hand your model in for you.
- Each entrant may enter each category once.
- Each entry must have an entry form filled out which is handed in at registration. Download the form below or get one at the event itself.
- All entries must consist of models from the Warhammer 40,000 range and Horus Heresy ranges.
- All entries must comprise of non-imperial models eg. Chaos Space Marines, Orks, Necrons (unless otherwise stated). Models from the Traitor Legions from the Horus Heresy ranges are permissible.
- Games Workshop staff may only enter the “Staff-Only” category.
Golden Demon: Enemies of the Imperium Category List
- Warhammer 40,000 Single Model Any single human-sized Warhammer 40,000 miniature. This category includes Terminators but other models supplied with 40mm and larger bases should be entered in the Warhammer 40,000 Large Model category. Note that bike-mounted character models must be entered in the Vehicle category. Single miniatures from Forge World s Imperial Armour and Horus Heresy ranges may be entered in this category.
- Warhammer 40,000 Squad This category is for Warhammer 40,000 squads or squadrons of five or more models. This category DOES include squadrons of bike-mounted models provided they are organised into a unit of five or more models. Larger vehicle models should be entered into Category 3.
- Warhammer 40,000 Vehicle This category is open to single Warhammer 40,000 vehicles, Dreadnoughts and walker models. It also covers single bike-mounted characters if this is appropriate to the army in question (eg, a Chaos Lord on a bike).
- Warhammer 40,000 Large Model This category is for any single large Warhammer 40,000 mode. This covers models like the Avatar, Ogryns, large Tyranids, Ork Warbosses, etc.
- Duel This category comprises two single models mounted on a base no more than 50mm in width. For this category, one of the two miniatures may be an Imperial (eg Space Marine, Astra Miliatrum, etc).
- Unbound For dioramas, battle scenes, larger scale miniatures and all other models not covered by the categories above.
- Staff Only You must be a current employee of Games Workshop PLC. to enter this category. The entry may be any single Warhammer 40,000 miniature that is supplied with 40mm base or less. Bikes and Jetbikes are not included in this category.
Other Competitions held at this event
Youngbloods This is open to any single Warhammer 40,000 miniature, on a base no larger than 50mm, painted by a hobbyist under the age of 16 years old.
Prizes being awarded at this event
- Golden Demon Finalist Pins for every entry which makes it through the first cut of judging.
- Bronze Demon to the entrants which come third in their category.
- Silver Demon to the entrants which come second in their category.
- Golden Demon to the entrants who come first in their category.
- Slayer Sword to the entry from the Golden Demon categories judges to be the overall Best in Show.
- Youngbloods: Gold, Silver and Bronze to the entrants from the Youngbloods category who come first, second and third respectively.
Do you want to know more about the Warhammer 40,000 Open Days events? Click the button to the right to all the details!