As part of: Horus Heresy Weekender 2017, 4th and 5th of February.
Belfry Hotel, Nottingham.
The third Golden Demon competition of the 2016-2017 season is being held at the popular Horus Heresy Weekender in February.
The competition is open to all who purchase a ticket to the Horus Heresy Weekender in February. Have a read of the guidelines and the category list below and make a start on your entry. Glory awaits!
- All models entered must have been produced by Games Workshop (that is, Citadel Miniatures or Forge World).
- Models may be mounted either on a gaming base or a suitable display base of appropriate size.
- Models must be entered on the day, by the person who painted them. Nobody else can hand your model in for you.
- Each entrant may enter each category once.
- Each entry must have an entry form filled out which is handed in at registration. Download the form below or get one at the event itself.
- All entries must consist of models from the Warhammer 40,000 range and Horus Heresy ranges.
- This event is NOT open to Games Workshop staff.
Golden Demon: Horus Heresy Category List
- Horus Heresy Single Model Any single miniature, either on foot or bike. Models may be mounted either on a standard base no bigger than 50mm wide or (in the case of the Character Series), the display base provided with the model.*
- Horus Heresy Squad Any collection of 3-10 miniatures on foot or 3-5 miniatures on bikes. Squad may be mounted on singular display base of appropriate size.**
- Horus Heresy Vehicle Any single vehicle. This category includes dreadnoughts of all kinds, and Titans.
- Duel This category comprises two single models mounted on a base no more than 50mm in width. The judges will be looking for a dynamic pairing of two well-matched opponents in some kind of combat or other dramatic situation.
- Unbound For dioramas, battle scenes, larger scale miniatures and all other models not covered by the categories above.
*This category does not include dreadnoughts, but does include single miniatures from The Character Series.
**Squads do not need to adhere to the rules of the Horus Heresy game; in so much as they do not need to be “game legal”. However, how well your entry fits into the background of the Horus Heresy will be taken into account when the judges are making their decisions.
Prizes being awarded at this event
- Golden Demon Finalist Pins for every entry which makes it through the first cut of judging.
- Bronze Demon to the entrants which come third in their category.
- Silver Demon to the entrants which come second in their category.
- Golden Demon to the entrants who come first in their category.
- Slayer Sword to the entry from the Golden Demon categories judges to be the overall Best in Show.