17th & 18th October 2015
We’re packing in more and better content than ever before, to provide you with the biggest and best Warhammer 40,000 Open Days yet!
- Tickets for Saturday are sold out, but Sunday is still available! Join us 10.00am to 6.00pm for a packed day.
- Exciting new miniatures, new products and exclusive products to buy – Including an Open Day only t-shirt.
- Access to the Warhammer World Exhibition included, and Armies on Parade Special Exhibition. Be first to see our new display diorama!
- Huge Warhammer 40,000 Army Display (Saturday only).
- Golden Demon: Space Marines painting competition (Sunday only).
- Spectacular participation gaming with swathes of Titans.
- New Hobby Demonstrations, Revealing Seminars and meet the minds behind Warhammer 40,000 in the Studio Zone.
Saturday is Sold Out!
Exclusive things to buy
On the Warhammer 40,000 Open Days you’ll be amongst the first to pick up brand new products, new Warhammer World exclusive products, and Open Day only event exclusives!
- The only place to get Warhammer 40,00 Open Day event exclusive t-shirts – only available at Warhammer World, only on these two days.
- Your first chance to get the Warhammer World exclusive Warlord Titan head variant!
- Your first chance to get Emperor’s Children or Ravenguard t-shirts.
- Your first chance to get new Forge World miniatures.
- Of course, as well as these great new or event only products, you can use the Warhammer 40,000 Open Days as a chance to get some of Warhammer World’s exclusive merchandise.
New displays in the Warhammer World Exhibition Centre
Entrance to the renowned Warhammer World Exhibition Centre is included in the ticket price for this event, with new displays!
For this event the Warhammer World Studio team will reveal a brand new 10′ by 6′ Warhammer 40,000 battle diorama, featuring two armies not yet seen on our dioramas… We’re also adding extra cabinets to show even more of the Design Studio’s gorgeous painted miniatures. That’ll be over 50 cabinets full of miniatures!
Of course, as usual, we’re the only place you can see huge displays of Citadel and Forge World miniatures on large dioramas, including the biggest ever display board Games Workshop have ever made (it’s over 20 feet long…!) Also on show will be over 20 Armies on Parade displays, showcasing fantastic collections of miniatures in our Special Exhibition.
Warhammer 40,000 Army Display
Saturday 17th October only
On the Saturday, you’ll see a huge array of gloriously painted Warhammer 40,000 armies from some of the talented and keen people who work here at Games Workshop HQ. Whatever your faction of choice is, there will be a collection to inspire you, so come down on Saturday and check them out for yourself!
Design Studio Zone
Meet and chat with members of our Design Studios as they show off their latest creations and talk about Warhammer 40,000 past and present. Don’t miss this chance to get a great insight into how your favourite miniatures and books are brought to life.
- See amazing miniatures as staff share highlights from their personal collections.
- Discover hobby tips, advice and ideas; just ask the experts your questions about building and painting your miniatures!
- Explore the latest releases with the designers and writers behind the concepts.
- Some of Forge World’s miniatures designers and writers will be here, along with one of their artists.
- Miniatures designers, writers, artists and painters from the Citadel Studio will be out in force.
- Part of the team behind creating White Dwarf and Warhammer Visions will be ready to chat with you.
It’s a relaxed environment, so make the most of it and enjoy your time discussing all things Warhammer 40,000 with those really in the know.
The pods will take place throughout the day, and no booking in advance is needed, just drop by to get your space, and get involved!
Whether the hobby demonstration runs once, or multiple times, in each hour, the expert will be on hand throughout the full time to chat and answer your questions.
The same pods will take place on both days – so you won’t miss out on anything whichever day you visit.
|11.00 - 12.00||Paint dramatic looking Battle Damage|
|12.00 - 13.00||Explore the newest miniatures with their Designer|
|14.00 - 15.00||Create great Markings by Paint or Transfers|
|15.00 - 16.00||Crafting dynamic Themed Bases|
Away from the hustle and bustle, in our custom seminar area, hear from the experts of Games Workshop on the latest Warhammer 40,000 releases and exciting topics.
- 11.00am – 12.00pm – The Design Panel: Ask the Design Studio members about their latest creations. Members of the Black Library and Citadel studios will talk you through their latest offerings and answer your questions.
- 12.30pm – 1.30pm – The Design Panel: Ask the Design Studio members about their latest creations. Members of the Black Library and Citadel studios will talk you through their latest offerings and answer your questions.
- 1.30pm – 2.30pm – Forge World: Members of the Forge World studio will talk you through their latest offerings, answer your questions and share a few sneak peeks at their upcoming projects.
Seminars are always very popular, and when you arrive on the day you will need to sign up to the ones you want to attend, if you don’t want to miss out!
SPACE MARINES PAINTING COMPETITION
Sunday 18th October only
Taking place on Sunday 18th October only, entry is included in your event ticket, so why not take part? Golden Demon features incredible entries from some of the best painters in the world, all competing to take home one of the coveted Golden Demon trophies or perhaps even the Slayer Sword for Best in Show. If you want to enter Golden Demon, or indeed just see the entries, make sure you grab a ticket for the Sunday right now!
We are also running a separate Space Marine staff painting competition, where you, the public, get to vote for the winners!
Get full details on the categories at Golden Demon: Space Marines by visiting the Golden Demon page here.
The Gaming Zone
What better way to celebrate Warhammer 40,000 by getting those miniatures out and rolling some dice! From 12.00pm to 5.00pm each day make the most of the dedicated gaming area.
Join in with participation games such as the Titan Clash of Medusion Zercsus; your chance to use a Warlord Titan to heap carnage on the enemy legions! We provide the miniatures and dramatic battlefield, you provide the tactics and dice rolls.
The tables will be limited in number, and can’t be booked in advance, so just drop in on the day and get gaming.
Saturday is Sold Out!
More to come…
Watch this space for more upcoming news about this exciting event – you won’t want to miss out when we release new details! Sign up to the Warhammer World newsletter here to get news first.
Tickets and Information
Ticket Information: Tickets for Warhammer World’s events are available as e-tickets. You can find out more about our e-tickets here, and buy yours here. On October 17th and 18th admission to all areas of Warhammer World and Bugman’s Bar will require a ticket.
Your ticket covers access to Warhammer World’s available general facilities and services, the Exhibition Centre, and participation in the Golden Demons on Sunday 18th.
You need to arrange your own travel and accommodation if required.
Event Information: For more information please contact the Warhammer World Events Team on 0115 900 4994 or email them on email@example.com