The Warhammer European Open Day is the quintessential open day experience for fans of Warhammer Age of Sigmar and Warhammer 40,000, brought to the sun and splendor of Europe, including a Golden Demon painting competition! On Saturday 1st October 2016 join us at the Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport Hotel, Amsterdam, for the first Warhammer European Open Day.
Venue: Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, Melbournestraat 1, Lijnden 1175 RM, Netherlands.
Date: Saturday 1st October 2016 10.00 am – 4.00 pm.
Tickets: Last Day for Tickets: 27th September
£10.00. Electronic Tickets via Ticketbud here, Physical Tickets via Forge World here, Physical Tickets also in store at Warhammer World.
Children age 11 and under go free. No children under the age of 18 years will be admitted to the Venue unless accompanied and supervised by a ticket holding adult aged 18 years or over.
Warhammer European Open Day
Taking place over two floors, it’ll be an event not to miss! You’ll be meeting some of the creative minds from all across Games Workshop, including the Forge World Design Studio, Army Painters and Citadel Design Studios. Make the most of your chance to talk to these wonderfully talented people about what they’ve created, and what they’re working on now, as well as picking their brains for tips on all your latest hobby projects. You can also see the fantastic work of our designers and painters on display, rather than on the printed page.
We’ll have the latest Forge World models, including First Access to new products, and event exclusive products, art and merchandise. The event will also feature the first Golden Demon run outside the UK in many years, so here is your chance to win a Golden Demon or even the coveted Slayer Sword, or just see for yourself the amazing quality of painting on show.
Things to See and Do
- Meet members of the Citadel Design Studio, Army Painters and the Forge World Design Studio as they show off their new creations, chat about them, and share some favourite miniatures from the past.
- Get expert advice to use on your own projects from live hobby demonstrations being run throughout the day in the popular Demo Pods.
- Join in the participation gaming – Between 11.00 am and 2.00 pm test your mettle by dropping into a special Warhammer Age of Sigmar game being run by staff eager to challenge you.
- Bring and Battle in the Open Gaming area. Available all day, just bring your own miniatures and meet your mates (or make some new ones) and use any available table for a game.
We are pleased to announce the second event in the 2016/ 2017 Golden Demon calendar will be held at the Warhammer European Open Day. You’ll be able to enter your models into Games Workshop’s premium painting competition and perhaps win a coveted Golden Demon trophy, or maybe event the Slayer Sword itself! To see the categories and to download the entry form, click the button to the right.
Things to take Home
- Browse the sales stands and take advantage of both collecting advance orders you’ve made, and making planned or impulse buys on the day. Available to browse and buy will be:
- Forge World stand.
- The latest Citadel and Forge World releases.
- First Access to some soon to be announced brand new items, before they are on general release.
- Exclusive items only available at our events and Warhammer World.
- Art prints including Forge World’s stunning canvas prints.
- Show your allegiance with mugs, caps, hoodies, t-shirts and art prints.
Don’t miss this event, the first Warhammer European Open Day, and the first Golden Demon Painting Competition to be held outside the UK in 5 years. Get your ticket and start planning a fantastic hobby experience in Amsterdam.